I want to like this mystery (I really, really do), but I just can't seem to find the thread(s?), a way in. No matter how much I chip away (and I'm nearly finished) at old Marceau I just can't "hold on" to it. It all seems so...so....so turgid. What am I not getting? I don't want to admit that I am having an allergic reaction to this writer that I find so fascinating. But, the object itself is proving to be a rather obstinate creation.
Can anyone out there lend a hand to a poor, confused, but generous soul, who wants nothing more than to fall completely into Keeler's web? I'm on a slight "break" next week and hope to dedicate some time to further decoding, but I sure could use some guidance. It's a jungle in there. So,what should I be looking for? What am I missing? Is there something wrong with me?
Then again, perhaps this frustration is all part of HSK's plan --- his way of shedding dead weight, of throwing the unworthy off the trail (his trail). But I will not give up, I will not surrender (I thought I just said I was?)!
In closing, this novice/wannabe Keelerite welcomes (and appreciates) all comments and suggestions from you more seasoned/wizened scholars. Won't you please help?
Humbly (and enervatedly),
KDR

No comments:
Post a Comment